Company Description: The CSO is a dynamic ensemble of some of the world’s finest musicians. The CSO is the umbrella organization for the Cincinnati Symphony and Cincinnati Pops Orchestras, presenting more than 100+ concerts and events annually. A thriving organization with a growing support base of audiences and contributors, the CSO is the cornerstone of the Cincinnati arts community and an anchor cultural institution in Over-the-Rhine, with additional summer performances at Riverbend Music Center.
The fifth oldest symphony in the United States, the CSO has achieved international critical acclaim and an operating budget that consistently places it among America’s top 10 orchestras. The CSO serves as an ambassador for Greater Cincinnati to the world through national and international tours and an extensive Grammy-winning recording catalog, with over 10 million recordings sold worldwide. At home, the CSO was rated #1 in customer satisfaction and value among all Greater Cincinnati arts and entertainment venues, according to a 2010 independent study conducted by Northern Kentucky University.
Position Summary: The part-time Communications Assistant effectively assists the Communications Department with graphic design work, coordinating video and photo shoots, gathering and distributing press materials, sending concert and event information for calendar listings, managing bulletin boards, and assisting with writing and social media management. This position reports to the Director of Communications, and also works with the Digital Communications Manager and the Vice President of Communications. The CSO Communications Department works closely with staff across all the organization’s departments to ensure best-in-class communications throughout.
- Assist with creating and editing images, pages, forms and mock-ups for use on all company websites
- Upload images and copy to all company websites
- Creating, editing and providing support for HTML emails
- Digital file management
- Coordinate video and photo shoots (logistics, scheduling)
- Fulfill photo requests
- Archive digital files including photos, articles and videos
- Assisting with press release distribution
- General clerical support for the Communications Department
- Attending department meetings and reporting on current projects
- Perform other duties as assigned
This is an extraordinary opportunity for a recent graduate or student looking for portfolio development and arts industry exposure. S/he ideally will have experience in multi-tasking and managing deadlines. Other qualifications include:
- Ability to work a regular schedule consisting of up to 20 hours per week, preferably Monday, Wednesday and Friday
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Experience with Photoshop, and HTML
- Experience with a CMS (WordPress, Drupal) or updating a blog a plus
- Knowledge of social media platforms
- Microsoft Office experience
The CSO celebrates diversity! We are an EEO/M/F/D/V Employer.
Please send cover letter and resume to:
Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra
1241 Elm Street
Cincinnati, OH 45202
Or via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
No third party applications will be accepted. No phone calls please.