Position Summary: Reporting to the Director of Data Systems, the Data Entry Analyst serves the primary role of working in conjunction with members of the Development and Marketing departments to achieve and surpass fund-raising and ticket goals, as well as across all other departments to achieve organizational goals. This position requires the highest accuracy in report creation, analysis, comparison, and communication.
- Manage the record entry, maintenance, and updating procedures in the database
- Manage segmentation of Development lead sets for telefunding, direct mail, and other fundraising efforts
- Manage segmentation of Marketing lead sets for telemarketing, direct mail, and other marketing efforts
- Manage the data update files from the telemarketing/telefunding vendor
- Create standard mail and e-mail distribution lists for outgoing communications
- Build custom reports for Marketing and Development staff as necessary
- Manage monthly Marketing and Development reporting and analysis
- Manage the comprehensive analysis of various Development, Marketing, and Finance reports & communicate findings to department VP’s
- Assist with analyzing data processes and in increasing efficiency and accuracy of procedures
- Maintain merge templates for gift acknowledgements, sponsorship invoices, etc.
- Process and enter gifts, pledges and pledge payments accurately and within a timely manner
- Prepare daily transmittals to accounting department
- Manage the annual national change of address update and implementation in the database
- Assist in the testing and implementation of database upgrades
- Serve as a database power user within the organization to assist with cross-departmental training procedures
- Manage the in-kind gift entry and reporting process
- Assist with Development acknowledgment letters
- Assist with pledge payment invoicing
- Assist with processing donor benefit and donor benefit refusal requests
- Maintain the highest confidentiality of sensitive issues and documents
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with the Tessitura Network
- Other tasks/projects as assigned
- Entry level knowledge of SQL queries and stored procedures
- Intense and thorough understanding of the Tessitura database preferred
- Intense and thorough understanding of the T-Stats and SSRS Report Builder preferred
- Modern office principals, practices, methods and equipment
- Proper telephone and customer service etiquette
- Writing appropriate business letter formats, report writing, record keeping, and filing systems
- Microsoft Office products experience
- Proper use of English grammar, punctuation, spelling, and vocabulary
Company Description: The CSO is a dynamic ensemble of some of the world’s finest musicians. The CSO is the umbrella organization for the Cincinnati Symphony and Cincinnati Pops Orchestras, presenting more than 100+ concerts and events annually. A thriving organization with a growing support base of audiences and contributors, the CSO is the cornerstone of the Cincinnati arts community and an anchor cultural institution in Over-the-Rhine, with additional summer performances at Riverbend Music Center.
The fifth oldest symphony in the United States, the CSO has achieved international critical acclaim and an operating budget that consistently places it among America’s top 10 orchestras. The CSO serves as an ambassador for Greater Cincinnati to the world through national and international tours and an extensive Grammy-winning recording catalog, with over 10 million recordings sold worldwide. At home, the CSO was rated #1 in customer satisfaction and value among all Greater Cincinnati arts and entertainment venues, according to a 2010 independent study conducted by Northern Kentucky University.
The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra offers a competitive wage and benefits package, including health, dental, vision, life, and parking. Salary is commensurate with experience.
The CSO celebrates diversity! We are an EEO/M/F/D/V Employer.
Please send cover letter and resume to:
Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra
1241 Elm Street
Cincinnati, OH 45202
Or via email at: HR@cincinnatisymphony.org
No third party applications will be accepted. No phone calls please.