Company Description: The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra (CSO), which also performs as the Cincinnati Pops, is one of America’s finest and most versatile ensembles. With a determination for greatness and a rich tradition that dates back over 120 years, the internationally acclaimed CSO attracts the best musicians, artists and conductors from around the world to Cincinnati. With new commissions and groundbreaking initiatives like LUMENOCITY, One City, One Symphony, and the MusicNOW Festival collaboration, the Orchestra is committed to being a place of experimentation.
As Cincinnati’s ambassador , the Orchestra has toured extensively, sold millions of recordings, and reaches millions more annually through radio and television broadcasts. As Cincinnati’s own, the Orchestra’s impact extends far beyond CSO and Pops concerts at Music Hall to the schools, places of worship, and neighborhood centers of a vastly diverse community. The Orchestra also elevates Cincinnati’s vibrant cultural scene by serving as the official orchestra for the Cincinnati Ballet, Cincinnati May Festival, Cincinnati Opera and Cincinnati World Piano Competition.
Position Summary: The Production Assistant is responsible for providing administrative/clerical support to the Vice President & General Manager and the Production Dept. as a whole. Under direct supervision from the Vice President & General Manager, this includes executive assistant duties for the Vice President & General Manager, as well as project and general assistance to the Production Department staff.
- General office support for Vice President & General Manager including, but not limited to: drafting correspondence, assisting with prioritization and follow-up of voicemails and e-mails; arranging meetings, invoice processing, etc.
- Capture and distribute notes for weekly Production Dept. and Direct Reports meetings; communicate directly with team members to coordinate follow-up on assigned action items.
- Coordinate the scheduling and administration of Orchestra and Board committee meetings for which a Dept. member serves as the primary staff liaison.
- Assist with all internal/external reporting obligations associated with administration of Fanfare Cincinnati recording label.
- Maintain all assignments for the Associate Conductor, Assistant Conductor and CCM Conducting Fellow in OPAS; run reports and communicate with Production staff re: assignments; coordinate with Directors of Artistic Administration re: hiring of cover conductors, as needed.
- In coordination with Artistic Dept., oversee drafting, execution and payment of all CSO, Pops and May Festival guest artist/conductor contracts.
- Assist production staff with concert folder prep, meal runs and other miscellaneous assignments; provide occasional backstage assistance during rehearsals and select performances.
Job Requirements, Skills, Background:
- Bachelor’s degree in music performance, music education or arts management preferred.
- Strong verbal communication and writing skills.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and ability to work with a variety of personalities.
- MS Office Suite - Word, Excel, PowerPoint skills.
The CSO celebrates diversity! We are an EEO/M/F/D/V Employer.
Please send cover letter, resume and hourly compensation requirements to:
Amanda Flick, Human Resources Manager
Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra
1241 Elm Street
Cincinnati, OH 45202
Or via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please put “Production Assistant” in the subject line.
No third party applications will be accepted.