Company Description: The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra (CSO), which also performs as the Cincinnati Pops, is one of America’s finest and most versatile ensembles. With a determination for greatness and a rich tradition that dates back over 120 years, the internationally acclaimed CSO attracts the best musicians, artists and conductors from around the world to Cincinnati. With new commissions and groundbreaking initiatives like LUMENOCITY, One City, One Symphony, and the MusicNOW Festival collaboration, the Orchestra is committed to being a place of experimentation.
As Cincinnati’s ambassador , the Orchestra has toured extensively, sold millions of recordings, and reaches millions more annually through radio and television broadcasts. As Cincinnati’s own, the Orchestra’s impact extends far beyond CSO and Pops concerts at Music Hall to the schools, places of worship, and neighborhood centers of a vastly diverse community. The Orchestra also elevates Cincinnati’s vibrant cultural scene by serving as the official orchestra for the Cincinnati Ballet, Cincinnati May Festival, Cincinnati Opera and Cincinnati World Piano Competition.
Position Summary: The Operations Project Coordinator will assist the Director of Operations and other project leads in the successful execution of the Music Hall revitalization.
This minimum two-year opportunity is a critical cross-functional position designed to work both intra- and inter-departmentally, ensuring the organization operates smoothly, efficiently and effectively while each aspect of the Music Hall revitalization is carried out.
This includes the coordination of all production and administrative logistics for:
1) moving out of Music Hall,
2) moving to the Taft Theatre and/or other temporary venues during the revitalization period, and
3) moving back into a revitalized Music Hall.
- Providing assistance in formulating weekly production schedules
- Managing revitalization-specific entries to the company-wide activity calendar
- Creating weekly trucking schedules, maintaining accurate records for leased vehicles and other temporary equipment
- Assisting with venue schedules and related correspondence
- Coordinating elements of warehouse operations, meticulously cataloging instrument and equipment inventories
- Planning and executing aspects of the staff office moves
- Helping to maintain strong relationships with temporary, revitalization-centric vendors
- Assisting with the sale of old or unused equipment as part of the move out of Music Hall
- Tracking budgets
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Requirements, Skills, Background:
- Bachelor’s degree in music or a directly related area strongly preferred
- Previous experience working for a professional orchestra, performing arts organization or in the field of operations/logistics management
- Strong verbal communication and writing skills
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and ability to work with a variety of personalities
- Fluid computer skills, literate in MS Office Suite with familiarity of Microsoft Visio (or similar) and orchestra database (OPAS) software
The CSO celebrates diversity! We are an EEO/M/F/D/V Employer.
Please send cover letter, resume and hourly compensation requirements to:
Amanda Flick, Human Resources Manager
Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra
1241 Elm Street
Cincinnati, OH 45202
Or via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please put “Project Coordinator” in the subject line.
No third party applications will be accepted.