Ring in the New Year “New Orleans style” at Music Hall! Conductor John Morris Russell and the most versatile orchestra on the planet bring you a fun-filled evening of jazzy and jubilant big band favorites found around Preservation Hall. Trumperer Byron Stripling delivers Dixieland favorites and a tribute to Louis Armstrong with hits like Ain’t Misbehavin’, Basin Street Blues and When the Saints Go Marching In!
Following the concert, join other New Year’s Eve revelers in the Ballroom to continue the celebration! The Ballroom will be transformed into a sultry New Orleans-style night club featuring
- Cocktails & hors d’oeuvres
- The movin’ sounds of Leroy Ellington and his 11-piece super E-Funk Band
- Carnival-style dancing led by talented showgirls
- A delectable dinner by Funky’s Catering
- Champagne toast at midnight
…all with a New Orleans’ flair!
Not only will you have a blast ringing in the New Year both in the concert hall and on a dance floor, but you will also have a chance to bid on some amazing auction items donated by some of our favorite businesses in town. Some of the hot items include
- A 2-year lease on a 2014 C300 4MATIC Sports Sedan, donated by Mercedes-Benz of Cincinnati
- Shoes of your choice from Saks Fifth Avenue Cincinnati – up to $1,000 in value
- Various trips and other priceless experiences at the CSO and beyond
- Gift cards to many of Cincinnati’s hottest restaurants
- A helicopter ride
- Dance lessons
- Four-pack Track Pass at the Motorsports Country Club of Cincinnati
- Vacation Packages
- Designer handbags
And so much more!
The New Year’s Eve Ball is presented by the Cincinnati Symphony Volunteer Association to benefit your Cincinnati Symphony and Pops Orchestra. The Ball is sponsored by the Dr. John & Louise Mulford Fund for the CSO.