CSYO Nouveau Chamber Players
CSYO Nouveau Chamber Players Spring Recital
Sunday, April 26, 4 pm
Mt. Zion Baptist Church of Woodlawn
10180 Woodlawn Blvd.
Free and open to the public
Presented by Queen City (OH) Chapter, The Links Incorporated and CSVA Multicultural Awareness Council
CSYO Nouveau Chamber Players Special Appearance
Sunday, June 21, 11 am
Allen Temple A.M.E. 7030 Reading Road
Percy G. Pryor Commemorative Concert, part of special Sunday service
Free and all are welcome
The Nouveau Winter Recital has been postponed for a later date. Once a new date is decided, we will post it here.
Warm your hearts and souls with this special musical mosaic by the CSYO Nouveau Chamber Players under the direction of local artist, Marion Peraza de Webb. Join us for this delightful 45-minute program showcasing diverse works of classical and contemporary music.
Presented by Cincinnati Symphony Volunteer Association Multicultural Awareness Council and Allen Temple A.M.E. Church.
Mix some musical talent with a little moxie and a lot of Mozart and what do you get? A highly acclaimed middle and high school chamber music group CSYO Nouveau Chamber Players, a program of the Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra. Comprised of African-American middle and high school string students, these students successfully auditioned for the group and perform locally.
Designed to be a springboard for careers in classical music, CSYO Nouveau Chamber Players have performed as pre-concert entertainment at CSO concerts and at numerous community gatherings. CSYO Nouveau Chamber Players is an important part of the CSO’s commitment to diversity and education.
CSYO Nouveau Chamber Players is a program of the Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra's Sound Discoveries: Music for Career and is made possible by The Corbett Educational Endowment. The program, under the direction of local artist Marion Peraza de Webb, is sponsored in part by the Queen City Chapter of The Links, Incorporated national Signature Arts Program, Classics through the Ages.
For more information, call CSO Community Engagement and Diversity at 513.744.3254.
Meet the 2014-2015 CSYO Nouveau Chamber Players:
- Allyssa Early-McCullom, violin, senior, The School for Creative & Performing Arts
- Janise Hambrick, violin, senior, Colerain High School
- Christopher Huggins, violin, sophomore, Mason High School
- Edna Pierce, violin, senior, Fairfield High School
- Erin Pierce, cello, freshman, Fairfield Freshman School
- Eva Pierce, viola, freshman, Fairfield Freshman School
- Alexandria Sloan-Harper, violin/viola, senior, Princeton High School
- Haleigh Willingham, violin/viola, junior, Fairfield High School
- Myles Yeazell, cello, junior, Walnut Hills